Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Awkward Mom vs. Mini Battle #5

This morning I had the pleasure of driving Awesome Preschooler to school, as well as Super Preschooler. This is their conversation, verbatim and unedited:

Awesome P.: Hey, Super Preschooler, guess what is in my bag?

Super P.: I don't know, is it a book?

Awesome P.: Nope.

Super P.: Is it food?

Awesome P.: Nope.

Super P.: Is it a new stuffed animal?

Awesome P.: Yes! Were you peeking?

Super P.: Nope. What kind is it?

Awesome P.: It's a blue dog that used to belong to my grandma, but she got old so she gave it to me.

Super P.: How old is she? Is she 98?

Awesome P.: No, I am pretty sure that she is 99. 99 is really old.

Super P.: Yeah, that is old. My mom is 35, that is old but not the oldest you can get.

Awesome P.: Wow, your mom is old. My mom is 22 years old.

Super P.: Really? Are you sure she isn't 35, like my mom. My dad is 35 too.

Awesome P.: No, my mom is 22 and my dad is 25. But that is kinda old too.

Super P.: Yeah. Moms are always old. Dads sometimes too.

Awesome P.: Phenomenal Kid is old too, I think he is 22.

Super P.: Phenomenal Kid is 6! He isn't old, who told you that?

Awesome P.: But he goes to school.

Super P.: So do you, but you aren't old.

Awesome P.: I am 4.

Super P.: Which isn't old.

Awesome P.: I guess you are right. Only adults are old.

Super P.: Well, some aren't old. You know, the ones that run around and stuff.

Awesome P.: Yeah, but those aren't usually moms.

I am sure Awesome Mom is pleased to know that she is 22 years old; we should go have a drink to celebrate since she is old enough now.

Take your time getting old, little ones.
Make time to run around and stuff.  

2 comments:

  1. SO FUNNY!!!! The ones that run around aren't usually moms - boy howdy! Love this entire conversation! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome. Sometimes they forget I am there and say the most amazing things!

      Delete