Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Awkward Mom vs. Priorities

As if we didn't already know that hers were messed up.


So, our babysitter came over tonight. My house looks like this:


Did I ask her to play with the children, so that I could clean? Unpack? Find the missing checkbook? Learn how to cook? Figure out world peace? Take up knitting? Maybe break down a few boxes? Why am even posing these questions? We all know the answer:

Nope. Awkward Dad and I went out for chili cheese fries and saw Rock of Ages.

Because I have my priorities in order. It might be backwards order....which is still technically an order...of sorts.

I have spent the week in heaven, Readers, and I have many a tale to tell you. We have walked to the pool, twice! We have met the neighbors; they seem nice! (Didn't intend that rhyme, but I kinda like it.) We have played in the yard. We went to the farmer's market and Excellent Mom bought chard. (OK. Forced that one.) Yesterday I felt downright European; we walked to Trader Joe's (By the way, check out Crunchy Mom's Ode here.) and I bought stuff for dinner, took it home, and cooked it. OK. Burned it. But it was an attempt and I have high hopes for this kitchen, Readers. I can't exactly see the kitchen over the boxes, but those hopes are there....just gotta find them.

I am having too much fun. I love this house! I love our neighborhood! I am so busy being in love that I can't unpack. No, that isn't quite true. I did unpack somethings:





It's all about priorities, right?

The location may have changed, but the awkwardness remains. Tune in soon to hear about our house adventures. There will be plenty and they will be awkward. We always have our awkward priorities in order, we promise!

6 comments:

  1. Happy dance! Walking distance to a pool AND Trader Joe's? You've got it made! I'm so happy for you and the Supers! By the way, did you know that if the kids can find the hidden stuffed animal at TJ's, they get a prize?

    Also, good for you for getting out and having some fun with Awkward Dad! According to my philosophy, there's no deadline for unpacking boxes. Which I guess is why I still have some from our previous move. Wonder what's in those...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome neighborhood! I am thrilled!
      And I am also thrilled to know about the hidden stuffed animal game, you are just full of hidden gems there, Kim! :)

      Delete
  2. When we moved here I had the same excitement!!! I'm so happy for you!! :) How was the movie??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla! It is really nice here, so happy to be in a house in such a nice neighborhood!

      The movie was great cheesey fun!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you love your new house. And what can be more important than spending time together.Your priorities are alright :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! And I love that we are all spending more time together! Thanks!

      Delete