Sunday, April 21, 2013

Awkward Mom vs Reruns

Reruns? It isn't even May! We should really be doing sweeps week around here; the inaugural park day, Kindergarten info. night, finally talking about potty training, the trip to the aquarium where we lost Super Preschooler, adventures in gardening....come on, Awkward Mom! Get it together. OK, well, then you wouldn't be awkward, now would you. Nevermind.....

I will get to all of that, I promise. But not today. Today; things just got busy and weird and I just wanna play Plants vs. Zombies with Super P. and then eat some tacos. That's about what I can handle. So, what I am gonna do is direct you to a previous post or two that became timely today. Today, at church, we finally got our pictorial directory. Nothing makes you feel more like an adult than that formal family photo, with The Awkward Family (or perhaps an alias therein) emblazoned under it. It makes me feel official, like we belong somewhere. Like our little family unit is up for doing things, stirring the pot, and, in general, just getting stuff done. "Look here, the Awkward Family, what an adorable bunch of go-getters!"

I did feel that way until I started looking around at the other families; in their coordinated outfits and perfectly pearly white smiles. Not that our photo is bad. It isn't bad, but it definitely fits an awkward family. But, I am not giving in to Envy! Mostly because this is a church directory and to give in to one of the big 7 over a church directory makes it like 20 times worse, and we already have some explaining to do, like why Awkward Dad pointed to a picture of St. Francis the other day and called him Jesus and was corrected by Super Toddler.

So, while we bone up on Catholicism 101, you guys take a gander at the tale of actually getting the photo. And then maybe follow that up with a peek at some of the most awkward family photos this side of awkwardfamilyphoto.com. I'll give you a hint; they all look like this:

When this is the best one, you know that you are in for a treat!
Happy Reruns!
It's what's happening, you know.

2 comments:

  1. I love your family photo! :) I am kind of glad that our church doesn't do picture directories.. but at the same time would like to have a family picture done that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg...maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My husband hates it. And probably me a little for exposing it to the entire church. :) It was a really nice way to get a free photo, of course, ours looks like that so it is a little bit of a crap-shoot.

      Delete