Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Awkward Mom vs. Love spills

My Beautiful Super Preschooler-

I love you so much today that I am not quite sure my heart can fit all that love in it. In fact, I am sure it can't, which is why I have to try to write some of that love down here. It is escaping all over the place and making quite a lovely mess; might as well try to shovel some of it into this post. I am also sure of the fact that as much I love you today, I will love you even more tomorrow. My love for you will somehow always grow; it can't help itself. Here are some reasons why:

1. You call full moons "circle moons." You call crescent moons "slipper moons." I think you might be trying to say sliver, but slipper also sounds like something you would say too.

2. You let your brother wear your favorite monster truck shirt when it wound up in his drawer by accident, and you told him that he looked nice in it.

3. You worry that your pile of friend sticks are going to be cold this winter.

4. Your smile could power the entire planet easily, and it emits no carbon gases at all.

5. I find a rock in your pockets every time I wash your pants.

6. You would rather be old Obi Wan Kenobi for Halloween than young Obi Wan Kenobi. When asked why, you just smile mysteriously.

7. Strangers, friends, and basically everyone around wants to touch your hair. It is like the visual definition of freedom.

8. I can't think straight when you laugh. I think your laugh is all the proof anyone needs that magic exists.

9. When you see your shadow, you stop to dance with him. Every single time.

10. This:


I love you,
Awkward Mom

P.S. Thanks to all that knocking, Invisible Grandpa apparently brought you an invisible toy helicopter just for night-time, 2 sticks, a kiss, a Christmas key, several invisible items that are secrets, and a pumpkin feast.

4 comments: